I can finally chill and enjoy my Christmas presents one being a mason jar brownie mixture, I may have a cold but after a long nap I had some energy to cook. I had a Newlook mason jar last year as well that was cookies… I failed making them miserably as they stuck to my ‘greased’ tray. I had better luck this time round and here’s how I made them …
- Mason jar.
- Four eggs.
- Sunflower oil ‘I only had coconut oil’.
- Firstly I measured up my butter so I had 113g and then I melted it in the microwave. I then measured the required 60g of oil.
- I then cracked my four eggs into my bowl ‘while picking out the fallen shell pieces’. After beat my eggs I then added my butter and oil.
- Here’s where things went south… Pour mason jar Contents into a bowl it said, that mixture was a pain to get out but luckily it does advise you on a label to put the jar into the microwave for 20 seconds without the lid. I then put my mixture into a bowl that was far to small so into a bigger one it went, Logan then helped me combine the mason jar mixture thoroughly.
- The last steps were to add the wet mixture to the dry mixture then blend until fully combined. With my oven ready and pre heated at 180’c I pored my mixture into a dish and popped it into the oven for the recommended amount of time, 20-25 minutes. I did have to leave it in the oven for an extra ten minutes as I used a thicker bowl rather than a recommended 9×9 tray.
- After I left my brownies to cool for five minutes I could slice, place and serve my baking treats- Rob had three and Logan seemed to enjoy his with a chocolate covered face after.
I had fun cooking these up, have you ever tried a mason jar from Newlook?